You can call me Ted...
“If you can speak, you can influence. If you can influence, you can change lives." Rob Brown
A quick reminder - if you haven't already voted for our flavor names, please click here. It will only take a sec - we want to know what you think!
Now, onto some cool news...
I love TED Talks. If you haven't seen one, a TED Talk is a speech from an influential expert on matters of technology, education, business, science, etc. They began in 1984 and now happen worldwide, in 110 languages, and their various videos have millions of hits online.
I always wanted to give my own TED Talk one day. I've envisioned it hundreds of times and on hundreds of topics - ranging from how women's weight and appearance influences their casting in films, to running a conscious eco-friendly business, to the joys of living a childfree lifestyle.
Well, it seems my chance has come earlier than I imagined...
Yes, that's right. I've been selected to speak at this year's TEDx Talk in Asheville on October 4th!
I'll share more information as the date grows closer, but in honor of this awesome opportunity, I wanted to share with you my 5 favorite TED Talks. CLICK TO TWEET
These are incredible, life-changing speeches, so save this email for when you need some inspiration:
- Brene Brown - One of the top 5 TED Talks of all time, Brene shares her research and wisdom about the power of vulnerability. This one will truly change how you interact with yourself and with others.
- Jill Bolte Taylor - The author of My Stroke of Insight, Jill shares the minute-by-minute experience of having a stroke. It's all the more powerful because she's literally a brain scientist so she knows exactly what's happening as it's unfolding.
- Elizabeth Gilbert - You know I love me some Liz and her TED Talk does not disappoint. Get ready to be inspired to the max as she explores the power of creativity.
- Cameron Russell - Think models have the perfect life? Cameron's short but powerful talk will blow you away. A model for 10+ years, she unpacks how privilege has shaped her career and life.
- Monica Lewinsky - Surprised to see her name on this list? This talk redefined Monica for a new generation. The courage it must have taken to do this speech inspires me to this day.
I hope these talks open your mind, awaken new thoughts, and generally make your day a little brighter. As I hope mine does in October...
What's your favorite TED Talk? Please share it on our Facebook page. I'm always on the lookout for more wisdom...